The vaginal smell has changed

Q: So I was taking antibiotics for an internal infection after having a breast lump removed . and following the antibiotics had sexual interactions . now I have noticed a definite change in smell. mean while I have been on the oral contraceptive pill Ava 20 had my bleeds however they were very very light at the same time as well just wondering what could be going on

Symptoms:  Change of smell after being in sexual contact after being on antibiotics and the pill Ava 20

A:   Hi,

The possibilities are:
Antibiotics can excrete in the urine in the process of elimination from the body, sometimes that urine smell could be mistaken for vaginal smell.
Birth control pills can alter the consistency of the vaginal discharge, which can alter the smell sometimes.
Intercourse can lead to infection and can lead to smell.
If the smell persists and disturbing you, better to consult your doctor once and get evaluated.

Hope this helps.
Take care.