Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > There has been this pain in my knee

There has been this pain in my knee

Patient: There has been this pain in my knee for a little over a month now. Although it started after a morning PE class where my whole body was sore as I hadn’t done that much running in a while, it has worsened in the past 2 weeks. When I went to my GP, the pain at that stage would only come and go, and he said that it was probably just a strain that would heal in about 10 days time if I treated it well. I compressed my knee for about 2 weeks as it was still hurting, and I still did some sports on it as my doctor did not advise me not to. It doesn’t hurt so much if I pit pressure on it, but rather when I sit down cross legged, I feel as if something behind my kneecap is getting stretched. It also hurts if I try to jump and land on that one leg. The pain is not unbearable to the point where I can’t walk, but it has caused me significant discomfort and it has gone on far too long for it to just be another pain that goes away. I’m worried I have done something wrong, or if I did worsen it when I did sports? Basketball season is coming up and I would really like to know what is up with my knee before then.

Doctor: HelloThank you for posting your query on ATD.I have gone through your query and understand your concern. You got s oft tissue injury ( Sprain and Strain)to the knee. Treatment of it is rest and analgesics. Rest to the joint means restrictions of sports activities and minimal walking. Analgesic such as Ibuprofen are of useful. You can get its MRI for detailed investigation about pain.Hope your query get answered.Wishing you a good health.Take care.