There is a bump on my lip I went to

Patient: There is a bump on my lip. I went to the pharmacist. They said to consult a doctor. It looks like a wart. And he said something this things turn into cancer.

Symptoms: No symptoms.

There is a bump on my lip I...-1

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.comI understand your concern.From the image that you have shared, I could appreciate a sore and not a swelling, definitely not a wart.Warts are caused because of HPV infection, whereas such sores are common due to herpes infections. If you had any exposure to someone who is infected or have previous history of such outbreak of sores then there is nothing to worry about. There are 1-2 outbreaks such as this and then the virus automatically stops.Please do not worry about it turning into cancer. Even warts due to HPV can be treated and never turns into cancer. Please let me know if you have any known history or exposure to herpes before in the follow-up.Hope this was helpful,Feel free to discuss further,Regards.

View all posts