Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > There is a clicking action/noise under my left rib cage

There is a clicking action/noise under my left rib cage

Patient: There is a clicking action/noise under my left rib cage. This happened after I did some exercise and felt like a pop feeling at that point.

Doctor: Welcome to Ask The Doctor.We are here to help you on this medical health advice platform.Since it developed after a workout, so there are mainly two possibilities:1. A fracture of joint dislocation.2. Muscular Pain.I would hereby advise you to get a Chest X-Ray done to rule out any fracture there. If fracture is there you would need treatment for that.For muscular pain, I would advise you to first of all take rest. Avoid doing workout till the pain improves. You should do hot fomentation of the affected area and apply Diclofenac Ointment locally over there.You can take a pain killer like Ibuprofen in case of severe pain. But ideally try to avoid oral pain killers.If it’s just a muscular pain, it should improve in 3-5 days.Moreover, when you re-start your exercises avoid weightlifting for a few days. Also, you should avoid jerking during the exercises.Share my opinion with your doctor.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy