Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > There is a decent size hole under my right arm

There is a decent size hole under my right arm

Patient: There is a decent size hole under my right arm its painful and oozes I don’t know what it it it was a boil but this hole never healed and its been 2 months.

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for your medical query at AskTheDoctor.comI understand your concern.You need to get it examined by a general surgeon, as such holes can arise as a part of a local infection, however, it does not ooze for 2 continuous months.I will advise you get it examined and apply Mupirocin ointment 2-3 times daily and see if the oozing stops.But please get it examined before starting any treatment.Hope this was helpful,Regards