Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > There is a dull burning sensation on The left side

There is a dull burning sensation on The left side

Patient: There is a dull burning sensation on The left side of my stomach under my ribs, there’s burning im my chest and throat, I’ve been nauseous, my breast throb, and I’m constipated.. What is wrong with me and Should I be worried or is this easily fixed

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.comI understand your concern.Burning sensation on the left side o f your abdomen, as well as chest and the throat, are all suggestive of GERD – Gastro Esophageal Reflux Disease.In this condition, due to lax muscular walls in the esophagus, and certain other reasons, the food is constantly refluxed back into the esophagus leading to indigestion and hyperacidity.This typically increases following a heavy meal and on consumption of certain food items such as coffee, peanuts, dairy products, e.t.cI will advise you to take a course of Cap. Omeprazole 20 mg once daily before breakfast for 2 weeks. You also need to meet your Physician and get yourself tested for H. Pylori infection, which is very commonly responsible for such symptoms.Hope this was helpful,Regards.