There is a preservation of disc space height and signal

Patient

Q: There is a preservation of disc space height and signal intensity at all levels and some mild disc dessication at the L3-4 level what does that mean? Im in alot of pain frm neck all the way to my lower back and these are my results so i would like to know what does my results mean

Doctor

A:   Hello
Thank you for posting your query on ATD.

I have gone through your query and understand your concern. These findings are near Normal. So you are unlikely to be having mechanical cause of your back pain. I think you should look for other causes such as vitamin deficiency, osteoporosis, muscle weakness and simple backache. Hope your query get answered.

Wishing you a good health.
Take care