Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > There is a preservation of disc space height and signal

There is a preservation of disc space height and signal

Patient: There is a preservation of disc space height and signal intensity at all levels and some mild disc dessication at the L3-4 level what does that mean? Im in alot of pain frm neck all the way to my lower back and these are my results so i would like to know what does my results mean

Doctor: HelloThank you for posting your query on ATD.I have gone through your query and understand your concern. These fin dings are near Normal. So you are unlikely to be having mechanical cause of your back pain. I think you should look for other causes such as vitamin deficiency, osteoporosis, muscle weakness and simple backache. Hope your query get answered.Wishing you a good health.Take care