There is ths palpable nodule, very painful at touch

Patient: There is ths palpable nodule, very painful at touch in the left side of my pelvis. It is more painful during my menstrual period, i can really feel something hard there when i palpate the area and i also have heavy periods too. Please I would love to know what is wrong with me, thank you.

Doctor: HiThank you for the question.Many conditions can cause abdominal pain with palpation. The abdomen is a part of th e body that is easily examined by palpation or touch. Certain abdominal conditions cause tenderness when a specific point in the abdomen or the entire abdomen is palpated. Causes are:- Appendicitis causes severe abdominal pain when the right lower abdomen is palpated.- Hepatitis can cause abdominal pain when the liver is palpated or examined by hand.- Peritonitis can cause intense abdominal pain when pressure is applied to the abdomen during abdominal palpation.If the pain persists or if the person believes the pain may represent a serious problem, they should see a health care professional.A heating pad or soaking in a tub of warm water may ease the person’s pain. If the pain continues to be for more than 3 days then you need to seek a Doctor’s attention.I hope this will help you. I wish a speedy recovery.