Thick, white, odorless vaginal discharge, and missed period. - Am I Pregnant?

Q: Hi, Im afraid that I may be pregnant. I'm 17 years old. I had my cycle, the 16th of November, the 8th of October, and the 12th of December. In January, me and my boyfriend had sex three of the five days I believe I was ovulating; the 3rd, 4th, and 5th of January 2012. On January the 12th, I had knee surgery. I was on morphine for the pain, and volume. After a week in the hospital I was prescribed to take one oxycotton (pill) every four hours. I missed my period and soon I noticed the thick white odorless discharge (no itch or burn). The discharge resembled a substance similar to lotion. I noticed this discharge only twice. The nurse said that the medicine may cause my period to be pushed back a little but it is going into February and still no period. Is there a chance I may be pregnant?

A:   Non foul smelling vaginal discharge could be due to increased estrogen production and greater blood flow to the vaginal area, which is sometimes seen in pregnancy.  In very early pregnancy, cervical secretions fill the cervical canal and create a protective barrier. I would advise that you do a pregnancy test to find out whether you are pregnant or not. Other causes of vaginal discharge could be bacterial vaginosis, yeast infection and trichomoniasis a STI.