Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Thin clear discharge. Am I pregnant?

Thin clear discharge. Am I pregnant?

Patient: I have been having a few pregnancy symptoms such as belly cramping&bloated, sore,swollen breasts, aching in the Lower part of my back bur not saveer, a stronger scent of smell&feeling ill. I was due for my period a few days ago but instead i have a thin clear discharge, i have taken a pregnancy test and it wasnegative! What could it be?

Symptoms: Sore swollen breasts belly cramps and bloated stronger scent of smell pain in my lower back not saveer feeling ill

Doctor: Thank you for your query.Home pregnancy test should be opted for, after 7 to 10 days later to expected date of menstru al cycle to give accurate results. This is if the cycle is regular. The symptoms you describe look like symptoms of an early pregnancy. You can repeat the test 2 to 3 days later, otherwise if you are anxious you can opt for blood test for βhCG which will be more accurate in determining the pregnancy status. Sometimes premenstrual symptoms also overlap with pregnancy symptoms. Therefore either the βhCG test or the scan can only give confirmation.Hope that answers your query. Have a good day.

Patient: I have regular periods every 28 days, however i was almost 2 weeks late then when i had my period it wasn’t the same as usual it only lasted 3 days including the day i came on it normally lasts 5 days. It wasn’t the same as it was thick. Im still having stomach cramps swollen breasts and all the other symptoms and tests are still negative. I don’t know what is going on? My partners sister had the same problems and her pregnancy tests were negative till she was 5 months pregnant

Guest: I doubt you are