Thin Facial Hair

Q: I am 27 years old and have thin facial hair. Though the hair fociles are there properly, bu the hair is very thin and cant be seen until u come close to face.

I saw a doctor and she prescribed, biotin and anaphase.
I did see very minimal but some improvement.

Please advise if it is ok to use Rogaine...

A:   Thank you for your question. Anaphase shampoo is a vitamin enriched topical shampoo used to condition and treat the scalp, for those with thinning hair. We recommend that you consult your physician before starting Minoxidil (Rogaine). This medication is usually used to treat androgenic alopecia, and it is not normally used for thinning facial hair. Given your condition and the cause of your thin facial hair, will determine your candidacy for use of this product. Some side effects of Minoxidil include skin irritation and hives, and since your want to apply this to your face, we recommend that you do not do so until instructed by your doctor.

Thank you for choosing