Think have diabetesdont have medical insurance nor a primary physician

Q: Think have diabetes..dont have medical insurance nor a primary physician. Found a lab that will test for diabetes should i be screem for diabetes or have a general blood work?

A:   Hello
Thanks for the query

I understand you think you might be having diabetes. In order to help you, i need a few more details so that I can guide you in a right way:

1. What symptoms are you having right now?
2. Do you have excessive urination at night, increased thirst or fatigue?
3. Do you a family history of any disease in particular like diabetes, hypertension, cancer, etc
4. Please mention your age and sex. Weight and height

I hope I was of help, if you have any further queries please get back to me

Patient: Aching pain in legs and feet..fatigue. .but not hypertension or diabetes as fAR as I know ..

Age 49..height 5'10"..Weight 160
Doctor: Hello
Thanks for getting back with the details.

The symptoms you are suffering from is not suggestive of diabetes, however, you certainly have the risk factor i.e being overweight.
I suggest you to get tested for the following

1. Blood sugar, HbA1c
2. Complete blood count
3. Thyroid function test
4. Vitamin D
5. Cholesterol
6. Urine routine and renal function

This is the minimum tests that should be done for a person your age in order to be sure you are free from most common ailments.