Think i might be pregnant

Patient

Q: I saw brown discharge last month when wiping twice, around the time i was suppose to get my period. i also have been feeling tired and sleepy, feeling light-headed and my mouth usually feels dry and taste weird throughout the day.i also think i have been feeling movements in my stomach. why?

Doctor

A:   Hi,

If you had unprotected intercourse around the time of ovulation there is a possibility of pregnancy.
Usually, fetal movements can be experienced after around 20 weeks in first pregnancy and after 18 weeks of the second pregnancy onwards.
Tiredness, lightheadedness etc are not confirmative of pregnancy as these type of symptoms can be seen in other conditions like anemia, low blood sugar levels etc.
So, if you are having doubt regarding pregnancy, please go for an ultrasound once.
Ultrasound can help in finding out the possibility of pregnancy and the gestational age.
In case of absence of pregnancy, it can help in finding out the possible cause of scanty flow during periods, then management can be planned accordingly.

Hope this helps.
Take care.