Think it is asthma

Patient

Q: My son is now 2 and a half years old. he will be 3 on 24th June. I think that he might have asthma but i am not sure. he is showing the following symptoms. can you tell me if you think he does or if it is something else.

His symptoms are

1. He wakes up in the middle of the night catching his breath suddenly and it scares him
2. He gets out of breath easier than any other child when he is playing
3. He suffers a great deal from chest infections especially at winter. He has a constant chest infreaction all winter and then it seems to go in the summer.
4. He can have coughing spells, especially at night or first thing in the morning or after play.

Can you tell me what you think this might be,
Thank you

Doctor