Third trimester concerns

Patient : I'm still spotting daily in my third trimester and there is matter when I go to the bathroom sometimes. I've gone to two different ob/gun offices and to the hospital they all say my baby is healthy and he kicks everyday. Do you know what could be causing this?
Symptoms:  Spotting and red matter
Doctor :   Hi, Thanks for the query. I understand your concern. Spotting during pregnancy should be carefully evaluated. Th e possible causes of spotting per vaginum in third trimester are placental abnormalities like placenta previa, abruptio placenta, vasa previa etc, local causes like cervical erosion, injury, polyp etc, premature onset of labor pains, sometimes urinary tract infection can also presents with spotting in urine. So, better to undergo ultrasound and gentle physical examination. By these the possible cause of your problem can be identified. Please do consult your doctor and inform regarding persistent spotting and get evaluated. Take care.