Thirsty baby: Should i get the baby checked?

Patient

Q: My 14 month old baby is constantly thirsty, not sure if i should take her to the doctors ( dont want to waste time) i didnt have gestational diabetes. please can you advise. thanks

Doctor

A:   If the baby is other wise drinking and eating well and you have seen the thirst increasing in the last few days/months i would highly advice you to take the baby to a physician in person so that a comprehensive check can be carried out along with testing for blood sugar levels to rule out diabetes. I hope this helps. All the best.