This happened quite some time ago, but I never knew

Patient

Q: This happened quite some time ago, but I never knew what caused it or what to call it. I was about 12-13. When I was hugging my mom I just kind of blanked out. But it was just for a few seconds. It was weird though. There were four other people in the room and nobody suspected that I blacked out. They just thought I was playing around and hanging on my mom. I didn't feel funny before this and I felt fine after, just a little shakey I guess. It happened again after that. A few days later. I was just sitting down playing a video game. Both times it happen, I could somewhat hear, but it was muffled. It was like I was paralyzed and blind folded. What caused this?

Oh another thing, hope you don't mind. Whenever I bend over at the waist a certain way, it feels like my rib cage is catching on something. It doesn't hurt it just feels uncomfortable.

Doctor