Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > This is a birth control question

This is a birth control question

Patient: This is a birth control question OK I been taken the birth control medicine called camrese for a very long time and I never miss taking my birth control medicine but I don’t take it at the same time every day and I hasn’t had sex in 4 years and me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex 2 days ago and he pulled out so what is the percentage of getting pregnant? Is it possible to get pregnant by precum? I’m so worried

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.As you are using the pills regularly without missing the po ssibility of pregnancy is less even if the pre-ejaculate fluid contains spermatozoa.Even if you miss the time occasionally if you take that tablet within 24 hours, the contraceptive effect will be continued.Take care.