This is an embarrassing question to be asking, but what

Patient

Q: This is an embarrassing question to be asking, but what type of health questions should I be asking and things should I be getting checked out if I have recently become gay?

Symptoms:  No symptoms
Doctor

Thanks for the query to ATD,

If you have recently discovered that you are gay then you should visit your physician for a general examination to check for any evidence of low serum testosterone levels which are generally seen to be deficient in most cases. This is not an organic issue but an issue of sexual orientation where your id shall decide your orientation towards your potential companion and there is nothing wrong with it as all have the right to voice their sexuality freely.
You may, however, discuss the issues with a neuropsychiatrist for all your queries and hitch/ guilt that you seem to carry and I am sure you should be benefited.
I hope I have answered your query in detail,

Wishing you good health,