Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > This is the 3rd day I’ve had a fever and

This is the 3rd day I’ve had a fever and

Patient: This is the 3rd day I’ve had a fever and it ranges anywhere from 101-104. Yesterday morning my temperature was back to normal but then a couple hours later it was back up to 103. I have been really shaky from being cold, feel nauseas, sometimes I will get extremely hot, my body is achy and weak. What could I possibly have? I don’t have a sore throat or ear infection.

Doctor: Hi.Thanks for your query.Since you have fever with chills, body ache and nausea the possibility can be just a flu or an infection of the urinary tract or so.I would advise you to visit a Doctor to have a clinical evaluation and physical examination.If required investigations will be done to give a better diagnosis and a plan for a definitive treatment.I hope this answers your query.