This is the result of my MRI scan What does

Q: This is the result of my MRI scan. What does it mean? What illness am I looking at having? I am 31 years old.

All of the cervical discs are dehydrated. Minor disc bulges seen at C3/4, C4/5, C5/6 and C6/7. The C5/6 and C6/7 discs also narrowed and there are associated marginal osteophytes. At C5/6, in addition to the generelized bulge, there is a small central disc prolapse. This is not causing any neural compression, however, at C6/7 there is a central and right paracentral disc prolapse, in contact with the anterior aspect of the spinal cord. There is no cord compression, however, there is slight narrowing of the left C7 nerve root exit foramen.

No significant disc prolapse seen in the thoracic region.

Minor generalized disc bulges are seen at all lumbar disc levels and there is also some mild facet hypertrophy. At L5/S1 there is grade 1 spondylolisthesis of L5 on S1, with bilateral pars interarticularis defects. The disc is narrowed and dehydrated with a generalized disc bulge present. There is an annular tear posteriorly. A mixture of fatty and inflammatory endplate change is seen in the adjacent verterbral bodies. There is some narrowing of the L5 nerve root exit foramina bilaterally. On the right there is no nerve root compression. On the left, however, there is some compression of the L5 nerve root within its exit foramen.

Normal appearance of the craniocervical juntion. The cord finishes at the L1 level. Apart from the endplate changes already described, normal marrow signal throughout the spine.

Conclusion. Grade 1 spondylolisthesis at L5/S1 with degenerative disc and an annular tear. There is compression of the left L5 nerve root within its exit foramen. Degenerative change in the cervical spine, particularly at C5/C6 and C6/7.

Symptoms:  Pain in lower back when I cough, constant neck pain. Feel like I am moving when car has stopped. Urine retention. Aching all day, lower back pain. Leg pain down leg into knees (Sciatica). Weak wrists, weak arms, they ache all the time. weak legs. Walk funny, like a waddle. Scream out in pain sometimes its like a severe shooting pain in lower back to the left. Hips always feel bad and sore.