Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > This is the second time my penis has broke out

This is the second time my penis has broke out

Patient: This is the second time my penis has broke out in small spaced out bumps. The first time; i had sex in the morning, I put some lotion on my penis that had coco butter in it before sex. After sex I did not take a shower, but I did that night. The next morning lots of white head bumps appeared on the top of the shaft. I jumped in the shower, and I busted them all , there was no pain , no discharge, no burning pee, etc. Then 2-3 days past the marks was gone.then I started to experience super dry skin and a itch . I bought some ointment for dry skin itching .it helped and I no longer have that problem.. Now just recently I had sex with a girl one night, and about 6 bumps appeared the next morning, they busted on their own during shower, and it’s been about 3 days and I’m still waiting for them to disappear. But once again still no itch, no soreness, no discharge, no burning pee. What is this ?

Symptoms: None

Doctor: Hi.Thanks for your query and an elucidate history.This is called Balanoposthis.You have to clean the parts 3 times with plain water.Apply liq povidone iodine or metronidazole ointment and nothing else.You have to take a course of an antibiotic and metronidazole orally and your sex partner has to take the same course.Use condom everytime.Take precautions and this will not appear.Consult a Dermatologist to confirm and get the proper prescription