This is usually a transitory phenomenon associated with infection.

Q: Hello, For the past 5 years when I have had a FBC (Full Blood Count) blood test, there is a message at the bottom stating "Red Cell Auto-agglutination persists at room temperature. This is usually a transitory phenomenon associated with infection." I have had many blood tests over the past few years, all with the same message. MY doctor referred me to a blood specialist who basically said he was baffled and couldn't figure out why - it was either lymphoma or it could be nothing. Basically he said, if it was a tumour of any sort, we would have to wait until it appeared before they could find out what it was. This is very scary. I would like if someone had any other ideas of what this agglutination is caused from and how I can further investigate. I do know that with all the doctors and health professionals I have spoken with, it is not normal to be persistent for so long. Thank you so much for any help you can give me. Ana.