Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > This mole has changed with pregnancy, it’s much bigger and

This mole has changed with pregnancy, it’s much bigger and

Patient: This mole has changed with pregnancy, it’s much bigger and I don’t remember having this shape before, should I be worried?

This mole has changed with ...-1

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query to ATD for an opinion,The shape and size of this mole is a typical and definitely appea rs with irregular frayed margins with satellites. Irregular borders of a mole along with increased size is usually a feature of malignancy, especially what needs to be ruled out is a melanoma.Hence, it is suggested that you should get a biopsy done at the dermatologist’s office to rule out malignancy in form of melanoma. This is the best way to confirm or rule out any atypicality.I hope I have been able to address your concern,Wishing you good health,Regards.