This morning I woke up with really bad pain in

Patient

Q: This morning I woke up with really bad pain in my right knee. It even woke me a few times but i thought it was just a cramp cause it felt like the ones I get in my calf every so often. I'm a 16 year old girl and I just started playing basketball again after a two year hiatus after breaking both ankles which makes me very reluctant to go to the doctor. summer league just started and I can't take any breaks if I want a scholarship to any good collages. At practice today I almost had to stop playing cause the pain was so much. Please help me I really need to know whats going on. Its not swollen or even red. It has buckled a few times today causing me to fall and I've been limping since i got out of bed. Someone please tell me whats going on because at this point I'm stumped.

Symptoms:  Buckeling cause falling, pain, limping
Doctor

A:   Hello
Thank you for posting your query on ATD.

I have gone through your query and understand your concern. You are having pain in your knee. It may be related to stress of playing. Analgesic such as ibuprofen is helpful in relieving pain. Rest and icing is helpful. You need x-ray and MRI to further investigate the cause. Hope your query get answered.

Wishing you a good health.
Take care