This morning, while having a protected sex, my condom broke


Q: This morning, while having a protected sex, my condom broke. The contact point was no more than 15-20 seconds. We switched position and shortly after, I discovered that the condom had broke.

I have an appointment to a urologist in 5 days to discuss my concern. I am mot likely will received a full test then and another a few weeks afterwards.

My question.

DO I need to see a doctor to get tested NOW ? or can I wait 5 days until I see the urologist ?

Is there anything that can be prevented between now and then (5 days from now ?). Obviously if I am noticing symptoms around my penis area, I will see a doctor immediately. I understand what's done is done, I am just making sure I cover all my bases.


A:   This question is currently in queue and will be answered shortly by one of our doctors. In the meantime you may browse our library of answered questions by clicking here.

Related Q&A

Q: I have two bumps on my penis one is slightly raised and kind of painful to the touch and the other one is smaller and...

Q: Hello Dr, I had protected sex with a massage parlor lady this past Saturday evening ie Sunday morning. As mentioned ...

Q: I got a very Large injection for Gonorrhoea yesterday tuesday 11/10/16. Me and my doctor was not sure if I had or n...

Q: I have blood in my semen for last two weeks.its not painful or sensitive in any way. Without injury and no possible s...

Q: So I've had a sore throat on and off for a couple of weeks. I recently had unprotected oral sex last Friday. I now ha...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon