This weekend I was moving some old boat tracks out

Q: This weekend I was moving some old boat tracks out of the lake and the tracks were dropped and my foot took the brunt of it.

Immediately my toenail went blue and began bleeding at the nail bed. I bandaged it up and took a pain killer and tired to sleep through the night.

This morning it was fine and then suddenly just started bleeding and persisted to bleed thoughout the day without clotting.

The nail has been split across the width of my foot as well and the most of the damage seemed to be sustained at the nail bed.

My question is wether or not medical attention should be sought at this point?

Symptoms:  Pain and swelling.