Thorasic. Outlet syndrome?

Q: Hello,

My husband is currently experiencing moderate to sever pain on his left side. The exact areas affected are under his left ribs (where rib cage begins), slightly higher in between his ribs, and then under his arm in the arm pit area. All of these pains are sharp and stabbing. Following this he has what he describes as pressure down his left arm, causing his left forearm and hand to hurt. We visited a family practice doctor who suspected thorasic outlet syndrome and referred us to an orthopedic surgeon. The surgeon was inconclusive due to the strange symptoms.

Do you have any ideas on what could cause this?

Symptoms:  Sharp pain under left ribs (lower), sharp pain in between higher left ribs, sharp pain in armpit/shoulder area on the underside of his arm, pressure and what feels like weak circulation down lower left arm causing moderate pain, pressure and discomfort.

When we saw a doctor they felt no difference in the blood pressure between arms.

Thorasic outlet syndrome was 1 explanation we were given.