Three and a half year old girl soiling pants even though potty trained.

Q: My three and a half year old daughter has been potty trained (doing pees) from just before she turned three. it was a slow progress and she had a nappy on at night up until three weeks ago, she never wet the nappy but used it to do poo's in. i tried to take her out of using nappies by not putting any on her but she would hold her poo until she got one on and within minutes she would have dirtied it. she had learnt to do poo's in the toilet three to four weeks ago and was doing really well but last week she started to poo her pants and it has been happening ever since and up to 4-5 times a day... i have discussed with her that she needs to tell me when she needs to go and she understands this but she refuses to do it. i have tried punishing her for it e.g. taking away her favourite toy when she soils herself but this doenst work. i praised her every time she done one on the toilet so she knew it was an achievment. it's not even just a little bit of poo, it is the entire thing in her pants. i dont know what to do.. can you help? im worried there is something wrong with her.