Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Three days late on my period?

Three days late on my period?

Patient: Okay I’m on birth control and always use condoms but my period is 3 days late and I’m cramping like a period? I have also had a lot of clear discharge? What’s wrong??

Symptoms: Clear discharge, period cramping

Doctor: Hello,thanks for contacting askthedoctor.comThe cramps you are experiencing along with clear discharge is probably due to premenstrual syndrome or PMS. Your menses should start in few days or next day. These PMS symptoms though mimic that of pregnancy but subside once the menses start or ends. Chances of pregnancy are negligible as you are on birth control and have been using condoms as well.So it is advisable to wait for few days to allow menses to start naturally an for the pain you may consider antispasmodics which are available on prescription.I hope i have answered your query,wishing you good health,regards