x
Browse
177 Physicians Online

Question:

Throat been hurting for five days.

Hey I have had my throat sore for about 5 days now. Every time I swallow it hurts. It makes it hard to sleep and just recently I started getting headaches and a stuffy nose making it hard to breathe. I have been taking cough drops for a day and it doesn't work. Cough medicine didn't work either and my throat keep hurting. It seems to hurt more and more every day.

Answer:

You may be having an acute upper respirratory tract infecton due to a virus or may be having strep throat. If it is infact a viral infection it will run its course and regress in 5-7 days. However since it has not regressed there are more chances of it being a strep throat. For this you need antibiotics thus I would request you to see your family physician and get checked up regarding the same. All the best.

Sign In to join in the conversation.

You’re in good hands, meet ATD’s founding physicians.

Dr. Suneel Sharman

• Board Certified GP
  • CMO ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Adjunct Professor at U Of T

Dr. Kunaal Jindal

• Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
  • Director ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Fellowship Training Atlanta, GA