Throat pain in mouth

Patient : I was eating a sunflower seed and the shell of it got stuck in my throat like a nail. It has caused me alot of pain and kinda like a sour throat. i have tried drinking and eating it wont come out what should i do?
Symptoms:  Sour throat ear pain
Doctor :   Thank you for your question. It is important that you go to your doctor to have your throat examined in order to determi ne if this portion of shell is still lodged within the sensitive tissue of your oropharynx. If this is the case, it will need to be removed, and you will likely need to eat soft foods for a few days while your throat heals. Please see your doctor. Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com