Ask The Doctor > Pending > Throat problems causing constant cough and cold symptoms

Throat problems causing constant cough and cold symptoms

Patient: I constantly catch colds. After getting one cold the next cold begins. Back to back. The normal symptoms of a cold (runny nose, fever, sore throat) last for one week. But then I have the following symptoms for more than 10 weeks, before the next cold starts. 1) post nasal drip 2) yellow phlegm in throat in the morning 3) constantly clearing throat throughout the day 4) 2 or 3 white puss spots surrounding tonsils. 5) coughing.

Symptoms: 1) post nasal drip; 2) yellow phlegm in throat in the morning; 3) constantly clearing throat throughout the day; 4) coughing all day 5) 2 or 3 mild white puss spots surrounding throat; 5) persistent cough.

Doctor: