Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Through trauma i now suffer anxiety and depression and i

Through trauma i now suffer anxiety and depression and i

Patient: Through trauma i now suffer anxiety and depression and i can’t do anything i normally do and take no pleasure in things i used to do.. please help

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.comI understand your concern.When did you suffer the trauma? What e xactly happened? You may be suffering from a form of post traumatic stress disorder..The duration and the nature of the injury is very important to understand what has led to such depression..So kindly provide all the details and I will get back to you,Regards.

Patient: I suffered mainly when I divorced my wife. Then through trying to rebuild my life I went into renal failure and almost died, went into a coma for a month and rehibilitated myself. Now after five months I’m always exhausted and I don’t care about anything, except my family.

Doctor: You’re still suffering from depression.. It was triggered by the unfortunate event of the demise of your wife..
You need to visit a psychologist and I recommend you go for CBT sessions that will help you overcome your depression and give you a more positive outlook towards life.. Medicines can be taken next stage provided CBT doesn’t work.. Will you be able to go for it?