Thyroid during pregnancy

Q: Hi,

My wife is pregnant and will complete her three months on 3rd Feb 2012 according to LMP. Her doctor recently advised to do TSH test and it came out to be 7.7, which is considered high in pregnancy. She put her on following drugs She started taking them from 24th Jan 2012

Eltroxin 50mg
Euthyrox 25mg

Doc further advised for Free T3 and T4 and antithyroid peroxidase whose readings are as follows

T3 2.77
T4 1.02
Antithyroid peroxidase 0.45

Could you please tell me effect of this thyroid on fetus

History: Keeping in view she never had any thyroid problem. During her first pregnancy she didnt have any thyroid disorder. This time she is having more fatigue, palpitation, and acute headache.