Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Thyroiditis and multivitamins for pregnancy

Thyroiditis and multivitamins for pregnancy

Patient: I was recently diagnosed with thyroiditis. My blood levels were high and saying that I had an overactive thyroid. I had no symptoms and the only reason they did the blood test was because I was going to start trying for a baby. They ran the test which came back with the thyroiditis. Because my blood levels were so high the doctor prescribed me medicine and told me to get my blood levels check again in two weeks, which i am waiting to do. I wanted to start taking multi vitamins for pregnancy. My question is can I take multi vitamins with iodine after having thyroiditis?

Doctor: Panafcortelone is a steroid that you are taking for your thyroiditis. You can take your prenatal multi vitamins with the same as there will not be any interactions. All the best.