Tight Foreskin cant pull it back

Q: I am unable to comfortably pull back my foreskin when I have an erection, I used to be able to, but it seems tighter now, Is this something I should get checked out?

A:   Thank you for your question. What your are experiencing is a common condition called Phimosis. This is when the foreskin becomes tightened and is unable to retract comfortably over the glans penis. There are both non-surgical and surgical options for the treatment of this condition. We often attempt to treat the area initially with steroid creams and manual stretching techniques to see if this will help. If however, this does not work, a surgical intervention like circumcision may be required.
We recommend that you have your doctor examine this and institute the necessary treatment as soon as possible.

Thank you for choosing askthedoctor.com