Tight foreskin Treatment

Patient

Q: I'm an 18 year old male. I find intercourse quite painful and I've been told that it's due to my foreskin being too tight. Is circumcision my only option to eleviate this pain or are there other alternatives?

Doctor

A:   The medical term for "tight foreskin" is Phimosis. If you do have a phimosis then a surgical procedure called a circumcision is the best option to relive your symptoms. The procedure is performed under anesthesia and is relatively short. It involves removal of the forekin. You will not require any hospitalization and should be fully healed in about 2-3 weeks.