Tight foreskin Treatment

Patient : I'm an 18 year old male. I find intercourse quite painful and I've been told that it's due to my foreskin being too tight. Is circumcision my only option to eleviate this pain or are there other alternatives?
Doctor :   The medical term for "tight foreskin" is Phimosis. If you do have a phimosis then a surgical procedure called a circumci sion is the best option to relive your symptoms. The procedure is performed under anesthesia and is relatively short. It involves removal of the forekin. You will not require any hospitalization and should be fully healed in about 2-3 weeks.

Related Q&A

Q: I take Lo Loestrin Fe birth control. Took my Wednesday pill (from the final row). And I was supposed to take my Frida...

Q: Husband is 43 years old and has been on prograf and cellcept for last 7 years due to heart transplant. Levels of prog...

Q: I have an unstable spondylolisthesis. Over the last year and a half I have been hitting the bottle pretty hard to de...

Q: I had a PET scan and the results are in but my doctor is on vacation. Can you help?

Q: Two weeks ago I have a large ulcer on my right tonsil, it has since healed and can no longer be seen. I religiously r...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon