Tinea Versicolor treatment

Patient

Q: Why I have got a white patch in my neck and it is spreading in my back also.Can you suggest some medicines please.

Symptoms:  Like to scratch the selected part
Doctor

A:   Hi,
The possible causes of white patches on skin are vitiligo, superficial fungal infections like tinea versicolor, eczema, psoriasis, overexposure to sunrays, excessive stress, vitamin B12 deficiency etc.
By examination only the exact cause and nature of the lesion can be identified and treatment can be planned accordingly.
So, please do consult your doctor, get examined and take treatment accordingly.
Take care.