Tingle feelings

Patient

Q: I am experiencing some tingle feelings in my arms, hands, fingers, legs and upper back. This is similar to the feeling you get when a body part "falls asleep". About 35 hours ago I had a night of consuming to much alcohol. I got to the point where I blacked out and was still drinking. I did mix liquors and was told that I fell a few times. I slept the next day sleeping and then about 15 hours after my last drink I started getting this feeling. I was up all last night with this feeling, shaking, dizzy, body chills and diarrhea. It seems to not be so intense when im walking and worse while laying down. Is this my body doing a detox? or is there something more serious involved. I am a 23yo female.

Doctor

A:   Most likely what you are experiencing are the effects due to an acute alcohol intoxication, the dizziness and the shaking mainly because the alcohol cause vitamin B depletion, also increases the urination frequency, so you get dehydrated , ending with an acute electrolyte unbalance that cause the other symptoms that you described. I strongly recommend that you try to keep a degree of control regarding the alcohol intake and make the neccessary changes to lead a healthier life style.