Tingling feeling of tip of urethra

Patient

Q: My urethra still seems sore after treatment for urethritis. Ejaculation feels different and so does urinating. After I ejaculate or have sex, the tip of the urethra feels tingly. I was told that this could just be the impact the infection had on the urethra causing it much strain. I was treated with antibiotics and tested after for any signs of infection. Everything was negative. What could this tingling feeling be from?

Symptoms:  Tingling feeling in urethra
Doctor

The sensitivity of the urethra can remain for 2 weeks or so after the infection has been treated. If the tingling is still present then it is likely that you are hypersensitive to the sensation and been over cautious. I don't think there is any reason to worry if your urine culture tests have been negative.
I hope I have answered your query,
regards

Patient: Thank you very much.
Patient: I am worried because the feeling seems to be lasting for more than a day now. Could this all be in my mind? I am paying attention to any infection symptoms.
Doctor: Its fine.you need not worry at all.Once tge tests are negative,a recurrence cannot occur so easily either and the tingling as i said can be for 2 wewks or so and it is more likely psychological.
regards