Tingling sensation all over body

Patient: I have been taking doxy for almost a month and recently, I have experiencing tingling/prickly sensation all over my body. Should I stop taking it? Will taking vitamin B ( daneuron) help to stop this?

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for choosing “Ask the Doctor” for posting your query.You have mentioned that you are taking doxycycli ne since last 1 month and now developed tingling/pricky sensation all over the body. Doxycycline is a tetracycline group of antibiotic. As most of the medicines, it also has its ill effects along with the beneficial ones.Photosensitivity is a reported, although not very common, side effect of doxycycline which means that you should avoid sun exposure when you are on doxycycline, otherwise you can have sunburns and tingling or pin-pricking sensation. I would suggest you to consult your doctor regarding changing the antibiotic, if possible. Do not stop it on your own. Antibiotic stays in the body for few days even after stopping it. Drink lots of water so that it gets flushed out quickly. Also avoid sun exposure for few days. Taking Vitamin B might be helpful. Discuss with your doctor.Hope I am able to answer your concerns.Wish you good health!