Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Tingly throat/chest weird feeling when inhaling

Tingly throat/chest weird feeling when inhaling

Patient: I have a weird tingly feeling in my throat/chest area which makes it very slightly harder to breathe. should i be concerned or is it just a flu or cold? f/15

Symptoms: Sneezing, one side of my throat would be swollen in the mornings

Doctor: Thank you for your question. It is possible that you are in the early stages of developing a bacterial infection of the throat. This is referred to as pharyngitis. These symptoms may get worse as time passes. Should you develop a more severe sore throat, please have your doctor examine your throat and determine whether or not you will benefit from a course of antibiotic medication. In the meantime, you can gargle with some warm salted water in morning as a means of soothing your inflamed throat.Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com