Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Tiny red bump on tip of penis, scabbed over but

Tiny red bump on tip of penis, scabbed over but

Patient: Tiny red bump on tip of penis, scabbed over but then the scab fell off and it seemingly pussed up? About the size of a pinhead

Symptoms: Pain when the bump is touched. Wife tested for all STDs + HIV and all returned negative. I was laying outside before the bump appeared.

Doctor: Hi.Thanks for your history and the image you have sent.This is a granuloma pyogenicum and can be treated well with appropriate antibiotic and anti-inflammatory medicines.Hope this helps you.

Patient: Another doctor said it may be herpes hsv 2 I have a ball in my groin and the bump isn’t painless or bleeding Can it be anything else?