Tip of penis burning and red during sex

Patient

Q: While my girlfriend and I were having sex, it was my first time but not hers, I noticed the tip of my penis had a burning feeling and slightly red. what caused this and could she have given me anything? is this an allergy to latex?

Doctor

A:   Your anxiety is understandable. Any thing and everything is possible. Also since this was your first time just a wear and tear are possible and no need to get anxious about it. Keep watching and see whether it settles on its own or persist. However, to be really cautious, it is worthwhile to seek help from your family physician to rule out STDs.