Tiredness fatigue in morning - Side effects of Amitriptyline

Patient

Q: I Wake up in morning feelinf really sleepy and tired. More so than at night. I eat healthy and go to the gym. Ib I take amitriptyline for migranes before I sleep shall I take this earlier in day? Or is thi something else?

Doctor

A:   Amitriptyline is in a class of drug known as tricyclic antidepressants. There are many side effects of amitriptyline, and one which is quite notorious is symptoms of drowsiness, constipation, dry mouth and fatigue. You may need to consult with your doctor if your symptoms continue for a period of time. Also you may wan to decrease the intensity of your workout during this time. Giving a break for a few days may help with your symptoms