x
86 Physicians Online

Question:

Tissue Expansion Surgery

HI I GOT BURNT WHEN I WAS 8 AM 24 NOW I HAVE HAD TO UNDERGO OPERATION AFTER OPERATION I HAVE HAD tissue expansion LAST YEAR IS THERE ANY OTHER OPERATIONS OUT THERE JUST SEEM TO STRUGGLEIN TO COPE WITH THEY WAY MY CHEST LOOKS I HAD 45% BURNS THANKS SCOTT

Answer:

Reconstructive surgery is often a lengthy process. Since you gave had tissue expansion surgery you are half way there. When enough skin has grown the expander will be removed, the burnt skin excised and the normal skin put in its place. 45% burns is a very large area and it may take several of these operations to give you a satisfactory outcome. I understand that it has been a long time but please try to be patient.

Have a Question? Ask The Doctor Here.

Sign In to join in the conversation.