Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > To know if I have shingles or not

To know if I have shingles or not

Patient: Can you have a mild case of shingles?? I have a rash on my cheek, right side, tingling around eye and down cheek.

Symptoms: Tingling around eye and cheek. rash mostly on cheek but not pronounced.

Doctor: Thanks for consulting ATD. Shingles is characterized by vesicular rash usually appears in a band, a strip, or a small a rea on one side of the face or body. It is most common in older adults and people who have weak immune systems because of stress, injury, certain medicines, etc. Rash appear couple of days that you had fever, localized tingling of the part. Rash without blisters is uncommon in shingles. Consult your physician for further advice. Have a nice day.