To start, it's important to note that I drink one

Patient : To start, it's important to note that I drink one cup of coffee every morning. but sometimes (maybe once a month) my heart feels really weird. it starts to beat really hard but out of rhythm and feels like it's going to stop. it's basically a fluttering. should I be worried?
Doctor :   Welcome to Ask The Doctor. We are here to help you. These symptoms of heart fluttering are known as "Palpitations" No w, Palpitations can be because of Cardiac issues and can also be because of anxiety, thyroid issues, drugs. I would like to rule out Thyroid issues and Cardiac Arrhythmias in cases of Palpitations. You should check if you are taking any drugs like Salbutamol for Asthma. Following tests are recommended: 1. Thyroid Profile 2. ECG If they are normal, you should start practicing yoga and meditation as probably your palpitations are because of Anxiety only. You should avoid excess of caffeine. I would advise you strongly not to consume alcohol and do smoking in case you do. I hope it helps. Stay Healthy