To start off, I've been to the doctor for this

Patient : To start off, I've been to the doctor for this issue. It's an infection of my scalp and upper neck. The main body on the scalp is Nickel size and pink. It grows pimples and discharges pus at times. It can also get very dry and scaly at times and can throb with pain. I was put on an antibacterial ointment and a antibiotic pill. Its been a full week and nothing. It's getting me really stressed out I've had this for like three weeks out please someone try to give me some answers
Doctor :   Hello. Welcome to ask the doctor. As per details, most likely possibility for your symptoms is Tinea capitis with seco ndary bacterial infection of scalp. It means you primarily got the fungal infection of scalp leading to scaling and patches which by superadded bacterial infection has lead to a formation of pus filled lesions over the area. In such cases, oral antibiotics after pus culture and sensitivity can be started along with oral antifungals like Griseofulvin. Along with topical antibiotic cream like mupirocin 2 percent is applied with antifungals like miconazole cream over the affected area. Wash the scalp with ketoconazole shampoo twice a week. If itching is present, oral antihistaminics like levocetrizine is advised. Share my advice with your doctor before acting on it. I hope it helps. Take care.

Patient: I've tried three different topical anti fungal creams. Does it take a while for the medicine to have an effect on the infection?
Doctor: Yes Anti fungals take time to show there action. You should keep patience.
Good Luck.